Olive and Gene: natural flowers, inspired event design, lifestyle blog
Thanks so much for stopping by, I’m so glad you are here! Olive and Gene is the place you will find weddings, flowers, and the blog (home decor, diy’s, gardening, simple recipes, and of course flowers).
I hope you’ll stay awhile and look around at what Olive and Gene has to offer. It is my little home that I’m so honored to share with you. To get started, here are a few of my all time favorite blog posts:
- designing tablescapes from what I find out in nature is one of my top favorite things to do with this one being an all time fave!
- if you’re a wedding lover like me, you’ll want to check this out!
- these spring flowers (the story on how I found them is the best)
- the best gift for any occasion / time of the year (this one, too)
- lattes are my favorite and here’s our signature recipe
- this party in a greenhouse is a can’t miss!
your blog author, alaina
If you are curious, here’s a little more about me.
- I grew up on a small farm in Illinois where I’d spend many days out in nature picking flowers, playing with my kittens, and reading in my tree house
- I type and write how I speak, so please forgive me for any typo’s or spelling/grammar errors and too many LOL’s (fun fact: back in middle school grammar was one of the toughest subjects besides math)
- I went to college for Meteorology. I still love all things weather, but have found other interests along the way
- In 2013, I became the owner of a brick and mortar flower shop, Accents Flower Shop, located in my home town
- I founded Olive and Gene Weddings, a wedding / event floral design company in 2018 but started working in the wedding world as a planner / coordinator after graduating college in 2008
- I try to take all my own photos for the blog, but have been blessed to work with some of the most talented photographers over the years (credits will be under the photo or at the end of the post so if you don’t see a credit, it’s me!)
- I started this blog in 2020, originally to only be a gardening blog, but it has taken more of a lifestyle spin which has been a fun process
- I would love to say “HI” to you! Please drop me a note here or over on IG @oliveandgene